HIPAA Prime™ for Business Associates
From: $137.50 / month
About HIPAA Prime™
HIPAA compliance can be confusing, time-consuming and expensive – not anymore with HIPAA Prime™!
HIPAA Prime™ is an easy-to-follow, cost-effective online solution for quickly developing and implementing your personalized HIPAA Compliance Plan. Whether you are a small or large company, HIPAA Prime™ will satisfy all of your documentation and training requirements. You answer questions in the Risk Assessment and we convert the information to a completed set of documents. In addition, we automatically update your documents when there are changes in the law. Total HIPAA makes sure you are always current.
Pricing is based on the number of trainees in your organization and starts as low as $137.50 per month.
How It Works
HIPAA Prime™ is divided into 5 easy-to-follow steps to compliance:
- Train Your Compliance Team – Our dynamic online HIPAA training, customized for Business Associates, includes an engaging series of video modules that provide detailed explanations, in-depth discussions and real world scenarios that satisfy the HIPAA training requirement, but more importantly will help your compliance team better understand HIPAA before they move onto implementing a plan.
- Complete the online Risk Assessment – A Risk Assessment is a required HIPAA document that gathers the information necessary to build a customized HIPAA plan for your agency. Our Risk Assessment is comprised of multiple logical categories that make gathering the information a snap.
- Train Your Staff – Once you have completed the Risk Assessment, you will receive all of the required HIPAA documents customized to your agency in PDF format. Total HIPAA will convert the key points into a PPT format for so you can train your staff. Online training covers the law.
- Review Your Customized Security and Privacy Policies and Procedures – The required HIPAA documents will need to be reviewed by your organization to verify the information is correct and coherent.
- Implement Your Policies and Procedures – After your entire staff has been properly trained on HIPAA, everyone in your organization needs to support and implement your policies and procedures. Your staff is key to a successful HIPAA compliance plan.
But it doesn’t stop there! Maintaining your compliance is just as important as getting there in the first place, and HIPAA Prime™ has you covered with two additional features:
- Keep Your Documents Current – With HIPAA Prime™ you’ll never have to worry about your documents being up-to-date on compliance. We automatically update your documents with any new HIPAA requirements and will notify you when there are changes. If you have changes within your facility such as a different location, new technology or a new vendor, simply make those changes in the online Risk Assessment and we’ll provide updated documents to you. We will also keep a record of your documents in case you need to provide a history of compliance during a government audit.
- Retrain Your Staff – Annual retraining is a requirement of HIPAA, but because your staff is your first line of defense when it comes to avoiding a breach, HIPAA Prime™ takes it one step further, sending quarterly training updates and compliance reminders to make sure your staff is constantly up-to-date.
There are two requirements to meet HIPAA compliance. The first is for you to complete a comprehensive Risk Assessment. This information is the foundation for the following documents which Total HIPAA completes for you:
- Privacy Policies and Procedures
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Disaster Recovery Policy
- Back-up Plan
- Business Associate Agreements/Subcontractor Business Associate Agreements
- Notice of Privacy Practices for clients/employees
- Breach Guidance
- Security Forms
The second requirement is training on the law and training on your specific policies and procedures:
The training on the law is divided into four main topics (Privacy, Security, Breach and Penalties). The information is presented in short video modules, each followed by a quiz. Once the modules have been completed and quizzes passed, trainees are required to take a final exam. A score of 70% or better is needed to receive a certificate of successful completion. The final exam can be retaken as many times as needed, and new questions are inserted and the order is changed each time.
Administrators can track employees’ progress and view results in real-time through database access, making it easy to ensure your entire staff has successfully completed their HIPAA training.
We provide you with a PowerPoint that summarizes your specific policies and procedures.
- What if I have already completed my documentation? That’s great news! You are already ahead of the game. Simply use your existing documentation to complete the online Risk Assessment. Then, when there are HIPAA updates or you have internal changes, we can automatically provide you with the revised documents.
- Who is on my compliance team? Your compliance team includes everyone responsible for implementation. For a small office that might simply be the owner or office manager; for a large organization that may include your office manager, HR manager, IT manager and executive level staff.
- What documents are included? HIPAA Prime™ provides every document required for HIPAA compliance. View the full list here.
- What if I need help during any of the steps? We developed HIPAA Prime™ as an easy-to-follow solution that even novice compliance officers would be able to complete. However, if your organization has a unique situation or if you would like an expert review of your plan, we offer cost effective, one-on-one consulting packages.
- Many of my clients are employer groups and business associates, I think they would benefit from HIPAA Prime™. Do you have reseller program? Yes, contact us today for the details.
- Where can I learn more about HIPAA? You can learn more about HIPAA in our Resources section. You can also stay current on the latest information by subscribing to our blog.