PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
Total HIPAA Compliance collects and uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: We may only use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails: The email address Users provide for order processing will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also respond to their inquiries and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL-secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, provided that you have given us your permission.
If you are a Consumer receiving products or services for which we are a Business, as those terms and any other capitalized terms in this section are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) and its implementing regulations, as amended or superseded from time to time (the “CCPA”), and is effective upon the date that the CCPA enters into operation, California law may permit you to request information regarding the: (i) Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) Collected, Sold or Disclosed by us; (ii) Purposes for which categories of Personal Information Collected by us are used; (iii) Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and (iv) Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a Consumer, you may: (i) Opt-out of the Sale or Disclosure of your Personal Information in some circumstances; (ii) Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. However, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services; and (iii) Request deletion of your Personal Information by our Service Providers and us, in some circumstances.
The CCPA also provides Consumers with the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by a Business for the exercise of these rights regarding Personal Information. You can make requests related to your California privacy rights using the contact information below.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process your data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal data. Upon expiration of the applicable retention period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Total HIPAA Compliance, LLC
1605 Park Dr
Raleigh, NC 27605
This document was last updated on October 10, 2022