Compliance Issues Employers Sponsoring a Health Benefits Plan Face
July 18, 2017
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA Chief Compliance Officer interviews Annette Bechtold Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Reform Initiatives for OneDigital Health and Benefits. This podcast is targeted to both health insurance agents and HR staff in companies that sponsor a health benefits plan.
Topics addressed in this edition of HIPAA Talk include:
- What kinds of questions are your agents getting from employee groups?
- What are some of the biggest compliance issues employers are dealing with?
- What type of benefit offerings do employers need to focus on?
- Are most employer groups that sponsor a health plan aware that they need to be HIPAA compliant?
- How long will it take employers to become HIPAA compliant?
- What choices will employers need to offer employees with the changing healthcare environment?
Follow Total HIPAA on Twitter: @totalhipaa
Sign up for Our Blog
April 15, 2019
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA’s Chief Compliance Officer, recently spoke with David Smith, a nationally recognized healthcare benefits consultant and regulatory expert, to discuss how fully-insured, self-funded, and hybrid employee benefits… Read More ›Read More
March 18, 2019
What is Protected Health Information? The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a 1996 law that regulates privacy standards in the healthcare sector. In the early 1990s, it… Read More ›Read More
March 5, 2019
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA’s Chief Compliance Officer, recently talked with David Smith, a nationally recognized healthcare benefits consultant and regulatory expert, to discuss HIPAA enforcement projections for agents and brokers… Read More ›Read More