Compliance Issues Employers Sponsoring a Health Benefits Plan Face
July 18, 2017
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA Chief Compliance Officer interviews Annette Bechtold Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Reform Initiatives for OneDigital Health and Benefits. This podcast is targeted to both health insurance agents and HR staff in companies that sponsor a health benefits plan.
Topics addressed in this edition of HIPAA Talk include:
- What kinds of questions are your agents getting from employee groups?
- What are some of the biggest compliance issues employers are dealing with?
- What type of benefit offerings do employers need to focus on?
- Are most employer groups that sponsor a health plan aware that they need to be HIPAA compliant?
- How long will it take employers to become HIPAA compliant?
- What choices will employers need to offer employees with the changing healthcare environment?
Follow Total HIPAA on Twitter: @totalhipaa
Sign up for Our Blog
June 25, 2019
Andrew Kroninger, Total HIPAA’s Director of Customer Success, recently interviewed Erik Kangas, founder and CEO of LuxSci. LuxSci provides email encryption, web hosting, forms, and secure sending services for HIPAA… Read More ›Read More
June 12, 2019
This week, the Vermont Supreme Court issued a landmark ruling, regarding HIPAA lawsuits, that could potentially change the way individuals hold their healthcare providers accountable for breaches of PHI (Protected… Read More ›Read More