Compliance Issues Employers Sponsoring a Health Benefits Plan Face
July 18, 2017
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA Chief Compliance Officer interviews Annette Bechtold Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Reform Initiatives for OneDigital Health and Benefits. This podcast is targeted to both health insurance agents and HR staff in companies that sponsor a health benefits plan.
Topics addressed in this edition of HIPAA Talk include:
- What kinds of questions are your agents getting from employee groups?
- What are some of the biggest compliance issues employers are dealing with?
- What type of benefit offerings do employers need to focus on?
- Are most employer groups that sponsor a health plan aware that they need to be HIPAA compliant?
- How long will it take employers to become HIPAA compliant?
- What choices will employers need to offer employees with the changing healthcare environment?
Follow Total HIPAA on Twitter: @totalhipaa
Sign up for Our Blog
September 30, 2019
HIPAA compliant cloud backup is a must for all businesses that store sensitive data, like PHI (Protected Health Information). It is a storage strategy that makes an identical copy of… Read More ›Read More
September 11, 2019
This post aims to answer all of your HIPAA compliance questions. If you’re just learning about HIPAA compliance, or beginning the process of becoming HIPAA compliant, this article will guide… Read More ›Read More