Compliance Issues Employers Sponsoring a Health Benefits Plan Face
July 18, 2017
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA Chief Compliance Officer interviews Annette Bechtold Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Reform Initiatives for OneDigital Health and Benefits. This podcast is targeted to both health insurance agents and HR staff in companies that sponsor a health benefits plan.
Topics addressed in this edition of HIPAA Talk include:
- What kinds of questions are your agents getting from employee groups?
- What are some of the biggest compliance issues employers are dealing with?
- What type of benefit offerings do employers need to focus on?
- Are most employer groups that sponsor a health plan aware that they need to be HIPAA compliant?
- How long will it take employers to become HIPAA compliant?
- What choices will employers need to offer employees with the changing healthcare environment?
Follow Total HIPAA on Twitter: @totalhipaa
January 6, 2020
HIPAA breaches involving fewer than 500 individuals, which occurred during 2019, must be reported to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) by Saturday, February 29, 2020. Reporting… Read More ›Read More