Challenges Facing Health Insurance Agents in the Rapidly Changing Healthcare Marketplace
July 11, 2017
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA Chief Compliance Officer interviews Annette Bechtold, Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Reform Initiatives for OneDigital Health and Benefits. This podcast is targeted for health insurance agents.
Topics addressed in this edition of HIPAA Talk include:
• What skillsets will agents need to demonstrate in the future in order to be successful?
• Are agents adopting the procedures needed to protect their business and the health information they collect?
• Are carriers requiring agents to be HIPAA compliant in order to sell health coverage?
• What are the projected trends for agents over the next five years?
• What are the challenges for the small independent agents?
Follow Total HIPAA on Twitter: @totalhipaa
Sign up for Our Blog
June 25, 2019
Andrew Kroninger, Total HIPAA’s Director of Customer Success, recently interviewed Erik Kangas, founder and CEO of LuxSci. LuxSci provides email encryption, web hosting, forms, and secure sending services for HIPAA… Read More ›Read More
June 12, 2019
This week, the Vermont Supreme Court issued a landmark ruling, regarding HIPAA lawsuits, that could potentially change the way individuals hold their healthcare providers accountable for breaches of PHI (Protected… Read More ›Read More