Challenges Facing Health Insurance Agents in the Rapidly Changing Healthcare Marketplace
July 11, 2017
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA Chief Compliance Officer interviews Annette Bechtold, Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Reform Initiatives for OneDigital Health and Benefits. This podcast is targeted for health insurance agents.
Topics addressed in this edition of HIPAA Talk include:
• What skillsets will agents need to demonstrate in the future in order to be successful?
• Are agents adopting the procedures needed to protect their business and the health information they collect?
• Are carriers requiring agents to be HIPAA compliant in order to sell health coverage?
• What are the projected trends for agents over the next five years?
• What are the challenges for the small independent agents?
Follow Total HIPAA on Twitter: @totalhipaa
Sign up for Our Blog
April 15, 2019
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA’s Chief Compliance Officer, recently spoke with David Smith, a nationally recognized healthcare benefits consultant and regulatory expert, to discuss how fully-insured, self-funded, and hybrid employee benefits… Read More ›Read More
March 18, 2019
What is Protected Health Information? The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a 1996 law that regulates privacy standards in the healthcare sector. In the early 1990s, it… Read More ›Read More
March 5, 2019
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA’s Chief Compliance Officer, recently talked with David Smith, a nationally recognized healthcare benefits consultant and regulatory expert, to discuss HIPAA enforcement projections for agents and brokers… Read More ›Read More