Challenges Facing Health Insurance Agents in the Rapidly Changing Healthcare Marketplace
July 11, 2017
Jason Karn, Total HIPAA Chief Compliance Officer interviews Annette Bechtold, Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Reform Initiatives for OneDigital Health and Benefits. This podcast is targeted for health insurance agents.
Topics addressed in this edition of HIPAA Talk include:
• What skillsets will agents need to demonstrate in the future in order to be successful?
• Are agents adopting the procedures needed to protect their business and the health information they collect?
• Are carriers requiring agents to be HIPAA compliant in order to sell health coverage?
• What are the projected trends for agents over the next five years?
• What are the challenges for the small independent agents?
Follow Total HIPAA on Twitter: @totalhipaa
January 6, 2020
HIPAA breaches involving fewer than 500 individuals, which occurred during 2019, must be reported to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) by Saturday, February 29, 2020. Reporting… Read More ›Read More