Majority of Breached Records in October From Insider Error Incidents
November 22, 2017
What are the findings from the latest Protenus Breach Barometer report, compiled by DataBreaches.net? Insider error incidents continue to be a problem in the world of healthcare cybersecurity.
- There were 37 total breach incidents reported to HHS or disclosed to the media in October
- 246,246 patient records were affected
- Various culprits behind the incidents in October
- Hacking accounted for 13 of the 37 incidents
- Insiders were responsible for 11 incidents
- Insider error events alone made up about 65 percent of all 246,246 breached patient records
- Twenty-nine of the 37 October breaches involved a healthcare
Read on for more statistics on the October data breaches.